Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Style Bar Beverly Hills - Quick and Dirty Interview and Internet Search

I was able to finally get through to Style Bar in Beverly Hills, CA, after several failed attempts. I pretended to be a potential customer who was planning on having all three services (hair, makeup, nails) for myself and three friends for my birthday. The woman on the phone sounded rushed so I had to be quick with my questions.

In the short time that I had, I was able to gather that the hair blowout and makeup application would take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours. She could not estimate a time for all three services because the nail lady was out. A quick, basic manicure would likely take about another half hour. When I asked if all four of the ladies in my "party" could have the services done at the same time, she said that she could fit us in "if" we booked on a weekday in the early afternoon.

The remaining information has been taken from the website. It's important to note that Yelp reviews of this place are terrible.

Style Bar Beverly Hills

The founders, who are sisters, created the concept because they felt they needed a quicker, more efficient way to get ready for weekend events. The Style Bar concept is a "beauty express bar" with all three services performed at once. The website claims that all three services can be performed within an hour but my phone call contradicted that.

Is this really a picture of a luxurious experience? Probably not....
Style Bar charges $33 for a blowout and an additional $10 if any heat tools are used in the service. They offer a significantly more extensive list of options and price points from $7 for a polish change to $500 for bridal hair and makeup. There are a few videos on the site that display the experience. It seems like a typical day would be too manic and it would not be an "in and out" type of service.

$123 for a haircut??!! $63 for "color"??? I don't know about this.



No comments:

Post a Comment