Thursday, July 18, 2013

Good Interview Questions for Customers

Here are some questions that might be helpful for interviews:

1) Person
-age
-lifestyle
-work/school
-types of social activity
-favorite websites
-social media interaction

2) Problem
-how often do they get their hair done?
-do they go with friends?
-have they been a bridesmaid?
-what is getting ready like for them?
-do they always go to the same person?
-do they use Drybar?
-are salon prices to high/low?
-what do they pay to get their makeup done? hair? nails?
-when they go to party do they get these things done?
-what issues do they currently have with their salon?
-how far do they drive to get there?
-how hard is it to find a new hair person?
-how often do they get their nails done?
-do they get their nails done with friends?
-do they prefer to do their own makeup?

3) Solution
-would they like to get ready all in one place?
-would they like fewer options done by experts (i.e. just blow-outs, no cuts/color)
-would they go out with their friends to a place like this for fun?
-do they want to have fun in a salon? (movies/music playing, champagne etc.)

2 comments:

  1. These are great! Pete and I will definitely use them when we interview people this evening! ~ Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I complete all of my interviews before seeing this post. Here are the questions I used the following when conducting my interviews:

    Background Questions:
    1. So tell me about your typical day.
    2. What are your favorite hobbies?
    3. Tell me about routines you have.
    4. What type of social activities to you participate in?
    5. Tell me more about... (working out, going out, getting ready, etc.)
    6. Tell me more about...
    7. What would make your daily life better?
    8. What would make your social life better?
    9. What would make these activities (you can specify at this time) more fun?
    10. Have you ever participated in a wedding?
    10a. Tell me about your experience participating (if stuck, add: like, what kind of activitities did you do before/during/after the wedding).
    11. What did you enjoy most about these activities?
    12. Tell me more about your social (salon, nails, hair, makeup) experience during this event?
    13. What did you like most/least about this?

    Solution Questions:
    14. If you had the opportunity to get ready for events with your friends regularly, what do you envision that would be like?
    15. If this was in a salon/spa environment, what would make it most enjoyable?

    Reveal business idea and follow up with these questions:
    16. Now that you understand our business concept, do you think it’s a good idea?
    17. How would you see it working? What would make it the best?
    18. Would you pay for a service such as the one we would like to offer?
    19. How much would you pay?
    20. Is there anything you would like to contribute that I maybe I missed or didn't ask you about?

    I adjusted my questions slightly depending on the audience, but I think we have the flexibility to do that. I will post my interviews as soon as I am done typing them up.

    ReplyDelete